Friday, November 15, 2013

Pancakes Pancakes Everywhere!!!

   

      Breakfast food is sooooo tempting, delicious, tasty, savory, addicting, ect. Something I could eat all day long, however if I ate "normal" pancakes, sugary oat meal, etc that id be putting lots of things in my body that won't help me achieve my goals, So here are a few recipes to let you love and enjoy those favorites but with a healthy and still super tasty spin!

Flour-less, Egg-less Oat Cakes W/ Peanut Butter and Banana
        I didn't measure the oats. I ground up a few cups used some and saved the rest for later. Id say about 1 cup ground oats for this recipe tho.


Oatmeal - Ground into a fine powder
Banana - 1 Mashed
Peanut Butter - 2 TBSP I made my own (recipe below) or Sumucker's Natural (least amount of sugar)
Cinnamon - 1 TSP For flavor
Water - Enough to create the consistence you like.

      Pre-heat a fry pan and place a small amount of coconut oil or your preferred method for nonstick cooking. Mix all into a bowl, pour into preheated pan to the size you like and let cook till brown on one side, flip and continue on the other side.

NOTE- These will still be gooey in the middle when cooked.


Protein Oat Cakes


      I didn't measure the oats. I ground up a few cups used some and saved the rest for later. Id say about 1 cup ground oats for this recipe tho.

Oatmeal - Ground int a fine powder
Egg Whites - 4 Egg whites or enough for the consistence you desire
Protein Powder - 2 scoops of your favorite powder
Cinnamon - 1 TSP
Cottage Cheese - Enough for the consistence you like. Id say about 1/2 Cup

      Pre-heat a fry pan and place a small amount of coconut oil or your preferred method for nonstick cooking. Mix all into a bowl, pour into preheated pan to the size you like and let cook till brown on one side, flip and continue on the other side.

Coconut Flour Protein Cakes

2 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
2 Scoops Protein Powder
1 TBSP Honey
1 TSP Vanilla extract
Water or Unsweetened Almond milk - Enough for the consistency you like.
P.S. I LOVE Coconut flour!

       Pre-heat a fry pan and place a small amount of coconut oil or your preferred method for nonstick cooking. Mix all into a bowl, pour into preheated pan to the size you like and let cook till brown on one side, flip and continue on the other side.

      Peanut Butter - Simply place peanuts in food processor or blender and blend till creamy. I added cinnamon to mine.

       You can top the cakes with any fresh fruit you desire. I just usually do a tad bit of honey and cinnamon and call it good tho. No need for all that syrup and extra sugar.


If you want to know the nutritional breakdown. Recored the measure of what you use and look it up:)











No comments:

Post a Comment